In one bottle be 0.1 g (100,000 units) oxytetracycline hydrochloride.
One tabletcoated, may contain 0.1 or 0.25 g oxytetracycline hydrochloride.
The substance is a powder, solution for injection or tablets in the shells.
Antibacterial and antimicrobial action.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Oxytetracycline hydrochloride is an antibiotic from the group tetracycline, which has a large spectrum of action and is active in relation to both gram + and gram-bacteria, rickettsia, spirochetes, chlamydiaand mycoplasmas.
The mechanism of action is based on preventing the proliferation of bacteria, that is, bacteriostatically: getting into the cell, the active substance binds to 30S receptors - subunits in the bacterial ribosome, blocks the connection aminoacyl transp.RNA, which does not allow new amino acids to be included in the following peptide chains under construction, and as a result, protein synthesis processes are completely disrupted. Selective action, as microorganisms have a low ability to concentrate tetracyclinesin mammalian cells.
Indications for use
The drug is effective in various bacterial infections: with pneumonia, bronchitis, empyema, sore throat, cholecystitis, endometritis, prostate, as well as with purulent complicationsafter surgery.
Oxytetracycline in veterinary medicine is used as a drug - Oxytetracycline-100. They treat various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, respiratory and urogenital systems, skin in cattle, goats, calves, sheep, pigs, cats and dogs. Pathogens should be sensitive to oxytetracycline, for example: microorganisms that cause pneumonia, bronchitis, bronchopneumonia, enteritis, salmonellosis, dysentery, endometritisand so forth
The use of oxytetracycline is dangerous if:
- a person has a known hypersensitivity to tetracyclines;
- the woman is in the II or III trimester of pregnancy;
- the child has not reached 8 years old;
- the patient has severe renal and / or liver failure, systemic lupus erythematosus, mycosis.
- anorexia, nausea, vomitingabdominal pains glossitis, stomatitis, proctitisdiarrhea;
- prolonged use leads to an increase in the activity of liver enzymes - transaminases and alkaline phosphatases, an increase in the content of urea, candidiasis, deficiency of vitamin K and group B, as well as hyperbilirubinemia, hypoprothrombinemia;
- staining of teeth in tan, enamel hypoplasia;
- skin rash, itching, photosensitization, eosinophiliais even possible Quincke's edema;
- hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- increased intracranial pressurethat can cause vomiting, headache, diplopia, edema of the optic disc.
Oxytetracycline, instructions for use (Method and dosage)
You can use the drug inside and out, in / m and topically.
Before prescribing the drug, first determine the sensitivity of the microflora and the pathogen to the drug, the severity of the infection process.
Dosage depending on the severity of the disease
If the infectious process is mild, then 7.5-1 g is prescribed in 3-4 doses, while the moderate course requires large doses - 1.5-2 g in 3-4 doses.
With renal failure and / or functional disorders of the liver
Prescribe a smaller dose or a longer interval, individually changing the treatment regimen.
Possible manifestation in the form lactic acidosisand intestinal dysbiosis. At the same time, therapy is canceled and symptomatic treatment is carried out.
In combination with the following drugs, drug-drug reactions or changes in pharmacokinetics are possible:
- With magnesium-, aluminum-, calcium-, iron-containing preparations antacids, absorption decreases.
- FROM anticoagulantsprobability increases hypoprothrombinemia.
- FROM bactericidal antibiotics (penicillinsand cephalosporins), there is a decrease in their effectiveness.
- With Streptomycin, Gentamicin increased activity in relation to intracellular pathogens (for example, brucella, pasteurellam).
- FROM Chymotrypsin the concentration and circulation time of oxytetracycline increases.
- FROM estrogen-containing oral contraceptives there is a decrease in their effectiveness and increased risk breakthrough bleeding.
- FROM Retinol is rising intracranial pressure.
Terms of sale
The drug is prescription.
A dry place protected from light rays where the temperature does not rise by more than + 25 ° Celsius.
Keep out of reach of young children.
Not more than 36 months.
In order to prevent hypovitaminosis should be taken vitamin K and Group B, Brewer's yeast.
There is a risk of developing photosensitizationthat requires limitation of insolation.
Long-term treatment involves periodic monitoring of the functional state of the liver, kidneys and hematopoiesis.
Since the drug may mask symptoms syphilis and possible mixed infection, conduct monthly serological analysis for 4 months.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:Tetracycline
The drug or substitutes are usually not available in pharmacies, however, there are group analogues:
There are a lot of comments and questions on the forums - people are interested in where to get this inexpensive and effective antibiotic. However, the problem of the lack of the drug in pharmacies is acute, experts recommend an oxytetracycline-containing ointment for external use - Hyoxysone.
Oxytetracycline, like DoxycyclineDue to its wide range of actions, they can be used both for various infections in humans and animals, from cattle to pets.
Oxytetracycline price, where to buy
Oxytetracycline can be bought on average for 15 rubles. (1 g bottle), a 100 ml bottle of oxytetracycline 100 will cost 180 rubles.
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Oxytetracycline ointment 1% 30g Ukraine, Ukrzoovetprompostach vet. 24 UAH order