In one tablet of the drug Obzidan is 40 mg propranolol hydrochloride.
Additional components: lactose monohydrate, starch, talc, sodium carboxymethyl starch, gelatin, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide.
White round tablets with beveled sides, serif on one edge. On the serif side, “4” is engraved, on the opposite side, “0”. The reverse side of the dosage form is smooth.
20 such tablets in a blister; three blisters in a pack of paper.
Antianginal, antiarrhythmic, antihypertensive.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Indiscriminate beta blockerpossessing moderate antihypertensive, antianginal and antiarrhythmic action. Indiscriminately blocks beta adrenergic receptorsrelaxes stimulated catecholamines biosynthesis cAMP of ATP, after which it reduces the intracellular intake of calcium ions, has a negative dromotropic, batmotropic, chronotropic and inotropic act (reduces the heartbeat, inhibits conduction and excitability, reduces the ability of the myocardium to contract).
On the first day of using the drug, peripheral vascular resistance increases (as a result of increased activity alpha adrenergic receptors and blocking beta 2 adrenergic receptors muscle vessels), however, after two days its value returns to its original value, and with a long-term appointment it decreases.
Antihypertensive the effect is associated with a decrease in cardiac output, weakening of sympathetic vascular stimulation of peripheral organs, and inhibition of work renin-angiotensin system, a decrease in the sensitivity of the pressure receptors of the aortic arch and the effect on the nervous system. Specified antihypertensive the effect is fully stabilized by the end of the second week of the course remedy.
The antianginal effect is caused by a decrease in the oxygen demand of the heart (due to the negative inotropic and chronotropic effect). The reduction in heart rate leads to lengthening of the diastole and increased myocardial perfusion. As a result of increased diastolic pressure in the left heart and increased stretching of the muscles of the ventricles, an increase in the need for oxygen and nutrients is possible, especially in patients suffering from heart failure by chronic type.
Antiarrhythmic the effect is manifested as a result of blocking arrhythmogenic factors (excessive activity of the sympathetic system, tachycardiahigh content cAMP in the tissues arterial hypertension), lowering the speed of spontaneous excitation of ectopic and sinus pacemakers and inhibition AV holding. The suppression of conduction of pulses is recorded mainly in the forward and to a lesser extent in the opposite direction through the AV node and along additional conductive paths. Due to a decrease in the oxygen demand of the heart, the severity of ischemia of the heart is weakened, post-infarction mortality can decrease due to antiarrhythmic actions.
Ability to prevent occurrence headache vascular etiology caused by a decrease in the severity of cerebral artery enlargement due to blockage beta adrenergic receptors vascular suppression caused catecholaminesbonding of platelets and lipolysis, lowering adhesivenessplatelet count, inhibition of activation of blood coagulation factors during ejection adrenalinestimulation of oxygen transport in tissues and weakening of secretion renin.
Severity tremors against the background of use propranolol due to blocking of beta-2 adrenergic receptors.
The drug enhances the ability of the uterus to contract. Stimulates the tone of the walls of the bronchi.
After internal administration, up to 90% of the drug is rapidly absorbed. The maximum concentration in the blood occurs after an hour and a half. Bioavailability after a single dose reaches 40%, with long-term use it increases. The bioavailability value depends on the nature of the food and the intensity of liver perfusion.
The drug has strong lipophilicity, accumulates in the kidneys, brain, lungs and heart. Penetrates through histohematological barriers, excreted in breast milk. The reaction with blood proteins is 90-95%.
Transformed in the liver by glucuronidation. Then it enters the intestines with bile, where it is deglucuronized and reabsorbed.
The half-life is four hours. It is excreted in the urine in the form of metabolites (99%). Not evacuated when hemodialysis.
The drug has the following indications for use:
- atrial tachyarrhythmia;
- angina pectoris unstable (excluding Prinzmetal angina);
- angina pectoris voltage;
- tachycardia various etiologies;
- ventricular and supraventricular extrasystole;
- arterial hypertension;
- warning myocardial infarction;
- essential tremor;
- migraine (warning of attacks);
- as symptomatic treatment thyrotoxicosis or thyrotoxic crisis (if intolerance is present thyreostatic funds);
- sympathoadrenal crises complicated diencephalic syndrome.
- sinoatrial block;
- AV blockade second and third degree;
- sinus bradycardia;
- uncontrollable heart failure chronic type 2B-3 stage;
- arterial hypotension;
- heart failureacute type;
- myocardial infarction acute (with systolic pressure up to 100 mm Hg);
- pulmonary edema;
- cardiogenic shock;
- sick sinus syndrome;
- cardiomegaly (without heart failure);
- Prinzmetal angina pectoris;
- vasomotor rhinitis;
- peripheral vascular occlusion diseases (including complicated);
- metabolic acidosis;
- bronchial asthma;
- obstructive pulmonary disease by chronic type;
- spastic colitis;
- pheochromocytoma (without joint application alpha blockers);
- simultaneous use with antipsychotic means MAO inhibitors and anxiolytics;
- lactation period;
- sensitization to the drug.
Use caution with renal or liver failure, AV blockade first degree myasthenia gravis, hyperthyroidism, heart failure chronic type 1-2A stage, psoriasis, pheochromocytoma, allergic reactions in the past, pregnancy, Raynaud's syndrome, in old age, persons under the age of 18 years.
- Reactions from circulatory system: AV block, sinus bradycardia, heart failuremyocardial conduction disorders, decreased pressure, arrhythmias, hypotension, thoracalgiaspasm of arteries of peripheral organs.
- Reactions from digestive system: constipation, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, epigastric pain, impaired liver function.
- Reactions from nervous system: nightmares, headache, asthenic syndrome, insomnia,retardation, agitation, paresthesia, depression, fatigue, dizzinessweakness, drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, tremors.
- Reactions from respiratory system: nasal congestion, rhinitis, bronchospasmshortness of breath laryngospasm.
- Reactions from metabolism: hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
- Reactions from sensory organs: decreased visual acuity, dry eyes, keratoconjunctivitis.
- Reactions from genitourinary system: lowering libido and potency.
- Dermatological reactions: aggravation psoriasis, exanthema, alopecia, hyperemia, psoriasis-like reactions.
- Reactions from hormonal system: decreased thyroid function.
- Allergic reactions: rash, itching.
- From indicators laboratory tests: leukopenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopeniaactivation of hepatic transaminase and level increase bilirubin.
- Other: weakness, arthralgia, lumbalgia, withdrawal syndrome.
Obzidan, instructions for use (Method and dosage)
Instructions for use Obzidana recommends taking tablets without chewing before meals and drinking them when swallowed with a small amount of liquid.
At angina pectoris and rhythm disturbances the initial daily dose is 60 mg per day in three divided doses, then the dose is increased to 80-120 mg per day in 2-3 divided doses. The highest daily dose is 240 mg.
At arterial hypertension take 40 mg twice a day. If the indicated dose is not enough, it is increased to 120 mg per day in three divided doses or to 160 mg per day in four divided doses. The highest daily dose is 320 mg.
For warning migraine and with essential tremor the drug is prescribed in an initial dose of 120 mg per day in three divided doses.
To prevent relapse myocardial infarction treatment begins between the first and fourth week after suffering heart attack. Obzidan is prescribed at 120 mg per day in three divided doses for three days, and then continue to take 80 mg per day in two divided doses. The highest daily dose is 180-240 mg in three divided doses.
With symptomatic therapy hyperthyroidism take 40 mg three to four times a day.
Symptoms: fainting, convulsions, bradycardia, pressure reduction, arrhythmia, dyspnea, cyanosis fingers or palms, cardiac arrest (with intravenous injection).
Treatment: gastric lavage, take Activated carbon; for disorders AV conduction- inject intravenously up to 2 mg Epinephrine, Atropine; at ventricular extrasystole introduce Lidocaine; at arterial hypotension administered intravenously plasma substituting solutionsat cramps - Diazepam intravenously; at bronchospasm - beta adrenostimulants.
With the combined use of the drug with MAO inhibitors excessive hypotensive effect, therefore, such a combination is prohibited; the interval between receptions of these funds should be more than 14 days.
When combined with Reserpine, nifedipine, diuretics, ethanol, hydralazine and other antihypertensive drugs hypotensive effect the drug is amplified.
The antihypertensive effect of obzidan weaken glucocorticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, estrogens.
Obzidan when combined enhances the effect uterotonizing and thyreostatic drugs weakens the effect antihistaminesfunds.
Cardiac glycosides, guanfacine, reserpine, methyldopa, antiarrhythmic drugs increase the risk of occurrence or enhance manifestations AV blockade, bradycardia, heart failure.
Terms of sale
The drug can be purchased only with a prescription.
- Store in a dry, dark place.
- Store at a temperature of 15-25 degrees.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
When using Obzidan, it is necessary to systematically undergo pressure monitoring and perform an electrocardiogram. And in older people, it is also necessary to carry out full control of the kidneys every five months.
During treatment with the drug, it is necessary to refrain from driving a car.
Analogs of ObzidanMatches for ATX Level 4 code:Sotalol CanonSotagexalPropranololSotalexAnaprilin
The most common analogues of Obzidan: Adrenoblock, Anaprilin, Vero-Anaprilin, Inderal, Inderal LA, Propranobene, Propranolol, Propranolol Nycomed.
Acceptance of the drug by this category of persons is contraindicated.
During pregnancy and lactation
Use of the drug in of pregnancy it is possible only according to strict indications, since such a technique under such conditions can provoke intrauterine growth retardation, hypoglycemia or bradycardia in the fetus. Two to three days before birth, the drug should be discontinued.
The use of Obzidan is prohibited during lactation.
Reviews about Obzidan
The drug received satisfactory reviews from various groups of patients, however, it should be remembered that the selection of heart drugs is a purely individual matter and is carried out by the attending physician.
Obzidan price, where to buy Obzidan
In Russia, to purchase the drug number 60 will cost 58-63 rubles, and to buy Obzidan in Moscow - from 57 rubles.
In Ukraine, the price of Obzidan starts from 17.5 hryvnia.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
LuxPharma * special offer
- Obzidan tablets 40mg 100pcs3960 rub.order