The active component is Captopril. Additional substances: lactose, anhydrous colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, hydrogenated castor oil.
Captopril is available in tablet form. Dosage depends on the manufacturer. Allowable dosages: 12.5, 25, 50 and 100 mg. Tablets are packaged in blisters of 10 pieces. Each pack of cardboard contains 2 blisters and instructions from the manufacturer.
The medicine is having hypotensive effect. The active substance inhibits the angiotensin-converting enzyme, which prevents the transition of angiotensin I to form II. It is angiotensin II that is the basic component of the renin-angiotensin system, which has a pronounced vasoconstrictor (vasoconstrictor) effect. Due to a decrease in the level of angiotensin II, a decrease in production aldosterone and due to the accumulation of the vasodilator substance bradykinin, a hypotensive effect is achieved.
The medication reduces the overall resistance of blood vessels to blood flow, reduces the level of afterload and pressure in the pulmonary circulation. The medicine for pressure is additionally able to lower the level of aldosterone in the adrenal glands.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
About 75% of the active substance is quickly absorbed from the digestive system. Eating can reduce absorption by 30-40%. The maximum level of active substance in the blood is recorded after 30-90 minutes. With albumin, the active substance binds to 25-30%.
Captopril is excreted in milk during lactation. Metabolism carried out in the hepatic system. Metabolites do not have pharmacological activity. 95% of the drug is excreted through the renal system, almost half - in its original form, the rest - in the form of metabolites. With severe renal pathology, an effect is observed cumulation (accumulation).
Indications for use of captopril
Captopril tablets from what? The medication is mainly used for stopping hypertensive crisisreduction blood pressure.
The main indications for the use of captopril
- renal hypertension;
- essential hypertension (rise in blood pressure of an unclear etiology);
- malignant hypertension (with resistance to other medicines).
What is Captopril Akos from? Indications for use Captopril Akos
- diabetic nephropathy in patients with diabetes (type 1);
- left ventricular dysfunctionin patients undergoing myocardial infarction and have reached a clinically stable state.
Captopril tablets for pressure are widely used in cardiology practice, but have certain contraindications for use:
- narrowing of the aorta;
- primary hyperaldosteronism;
- narrowing of the mitral valve;
- condition after a kidney transplant;
- gestation of pregnancy;
- renal artery stenosis;
- tendency to form edema;
- individual hypersensitivity;
In pediatric practice, a medication can be prescribed only after reaching 14 years of age. Patients are advised to refrain from work that requires concentration.
From the nervous system The following side effects may occur:
- migraine headache;
- fast fatiguability.
The cardiovascular system:
- heart palpitations;
- orthostatic hypotension.
- stool disorders (diarrheal syndrome or constipation);
- epigastric pain;
- violation of taste perception;
- level up bilirubin;
- increased ALT and AST.
- decrease in number platelet count;
- agranulocytosis (in the presence of an autoimmune pathology).
- increased levels of K + in the body.
- impaired kidney function;
- detection of protein in the urine.
In some cases, a dry, unproductive cough is recorded. Are possible allergic responses:
- the presence of antinuclear antibodies;
- Quincke's edema;
- serum sickness.
When registering other negative reactions, a doctor’s consultation and temporary self-withdrawal of Captopril are required.
Instructions for use (Method and dosage)
The tablets are intended for oral administration. The medicine quickly lowers blood pressure. Only your doctor can prescribe captopril tablets. Instructions for use with hypertensive crises: a 25 mg tablet is placed under the tongue, which provides a faster hypotensive effect. Instructions for use Captopril Akos with a renovascular form of hypertension: three times a day, 12.5 mg. The effectiveness of the drug increases when taken on an empty stomach.
Treatment with Captopril Stad is recommended to start with small dosages: 6.25-12.5 mg twice a day, gradually increasing the dose depending on blood pressure.
How to take medication with heart failure: three times a day, 12.5-25 mg. The maximum daily dosage is 150 mg.
At what pressure should I take captopril? The drug belongs to the group of "ambulance" medications and is recommended for use in urgent cases when, against the background of treatment according to the standard scheme, there was an increase in pressure to high numbers against the background of stress, physical activity.
If the tablets are not taken correctly, an overdose can occur, which manifests itself as a pronounced decrease in blood pressure. The patient's condition may be complicated thromboembolism, impaired cerebral blood supplymyocardial infarction.
It is recommended to give the patient a horizontal position, raise the lower limbs, try to restore blood pressure by intravenous infusion of saline. Peritoneal dialysis does not give the expected effect. On the background hemodialysis positive dynamics are noted.
Together with the use of cytostatics and immunosuppressants may develop leukopenia. Perhaps the development of hyperkalemia with simultaneous therapy with potassium-sparing diuretics:
On the background of treatment Azathioprine anemia due to inhibition of activity may develop Erythropoietin. In the medical literature, cases of diagnosing leukopenia associated with additive bone marrow hematopoiesis are described. Allopurinol may enhance the severity of hematological effects. Acetylsalicylic acid able to reduce the hypotensive effect of captopril. The medication is able to increase the concentration Digoxin. Most often, drug interaction is manifested in patients with severe renal system pathology. Captopril with Cinnarizine not contraindicated.
Terms of sale
It is recommended to present the recipe in Latin:
Rp. Tab. Captoprili 25 mg
D.t.d. N 20
S. 1 tab under the tongue.
The manufacturer recommends a temperature regime in the range of 15-25 degrees. Limit the admission of children to blisters.
What's better Captopril or Kapoten? These two drugs are absolutely identical, because Captopril acts as the active ingredient in them according to INN. The main difference between Kapoten and Captopril in the manufacturer.
During treatment, a false-positive reaction may be recorded in the determination of acetone in the urine. In pediatric practice, a medication can be used in the absence of the effect of other antihypertensive drugs.
Captopril analoguesMatches for ATX Level 4 code:DilaprelPrenesaEnapDirotonLiprilReniprilParnawelFozinapTritaceEnamZokardisFosinoprilLisinoprilMonoprilRenetekHartilFosicardAmprilanRamiprilPerindopril
Structural analogues of Captopril:
Captopril and alcohol
Alcohol is able to enhance the hypotensive effect of the drug. There is a joint negative effect on the functioning of the hepatic system.
Reviews on captopril
This is one of the most talked about antihypertensive drugs on the Internet. Many patients share their many years of experience with Captopril treatment and note its high effectiveness in emergency cases, when the usual daily therapy does not help and the pressure remains at high numbers.
There are reviews about Captopril, among which a side effect such as dry coughcharacteristic for all medicines of the ACE inhibitor group. In general, patient reviews about Captopril are positive.
Captopril price, where to buy
Captopril is considered the most affordable antihypertensive drug that can be found in the home medicine cabinet of every hypertensive patient. The cost of the medicine depends on the dosage, manufacturer and region of sales. The price of Captopril in Russia varies in the range of 20-140 rubles (Captopril Akos - 20 rubles, Captopril Sandoz - 140 rubles).
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Captopril Tab. 25mg n40Ozone LLC16 rub.order
- Captopril Tab. 50mg No. 40Ozone LLC47 rub.order
- Captopril Tablet 50mg n20Pranafarm OOO40 rub.order
- Captopril Tab. 50mg n40Pranafarm OOO48 rub.order
- Captopril Acos Tab. 25mg n40OAO Synthesis 18 rub. Order
- Captopril (tablet 25mg No. 40) 22 rub.order
- Captopril Sandoz tablets 25mg No. 40122 rub.order
- Captopril (tablet 25mg No. 40) 16 rub.order
- Captopril (tab.50mg No. 40) 47 rub.order
- Captopril Sandoz tablets 25mg No. 2085 rub. Order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Captopril 25 mg No. 20 tablets Synthesis OJSC 11 rub.
- Captopril 50 mg No. 20 tabletsPranapharm18 rub.order
- Captopril 25 mg n40 tabOzone LLC 17 rub.order
- Captopril-acos 25 mg No. 40 tablets SYNTHESIS 22 rub.
- Captopril 50mg 40 pcs.Ozone LLC-Atoll LLC46 rub.order
- Captopril-KMP 25 mg No. 20 tablets PAT "Kyivmedpreparat", Ukraine30 UAH order
- Captopril 25 mg N20 tablets KPKA, dd, Novo mesto, Slovenia 78 UAH order
- Captopril 50 mg No. 20 tablets KRKA, Slovenia 123 UAH order
- Captopril 25 mg N20 tablets TOV "Astrapharm", Ukraine19 UAH order
- Captopril 0.025 g N20 tablets Ternofarm TOV, metro Ternopil, Ukraine 17 UAH order
- Captopril tablets Captopril tablets 50mg No. 20 Slovenia, KRKA d.d. Novo Mesto 137 UAH to order
- CAPTOPRIL tablets Captopril tablets 25mg No. 20 Ukraine, Kievmedpreparat OAO 35 UAH to order
- Captopril tablets Captopril tablets 0.025g №20 Ukraine, Astrafarm OOO 21 UAH to order
- Captopril tablets Captopril tablets 12.5mg No. 20 Slovenia, KRKA d.d. Novo Mesto 67 UAH order
- CAPTOPRIL tablets Captopril tablets 0.025g №20 Ukraine, Ternofarm OOO 20 UAH to order
- Captopril 25 mg No. 40 tablet Borisov ZMP (Belarus) 160 tg.order
- Captopril N 50mg / 25mg No. 30 tablets Viva Farm LLP (Kazakhstan) 1 tg.order
- Captopril Stada 50 mg No. 30 tablets Stada Arzneimittel (Germany) 1 tg.
- Captopril-AKOS 25 mg No. 40 tablets Synthesis OJSC (Russia) 160 tg.
- Captopril 25 mg No. 30 tablets Viva Farm LLP (Kazakhstan) 790 tg.order