One tablet of Sumatriptan contains 140 mg. active drug compound sumatriptan succinate.
In addition, the drug contains such auxiliary compounds as: mannitol, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, hyprolose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, as well as croscarmellose sodium.
The composition of the tablet shell includes Macrologist, selecout AQ-02003, as well as titanium dioxide.
Sumatriptan is available in the form of tablets coated with a special film coating. One carton usually contains one blister with two tablets.
The drug belongs to serotonergic groupmedicines providing anti-migraine effect.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Actively acting drug compound sumatriptancontained in the chemical composition of the drug is specific selective agonists of 5-HT1-serotonin receptorsconcentrated mainly in cerebral vessels. Medication Affects Some Subtypes serotonin receptors, eg, 5-NT 2-7 and thereby contributes to vasoconstriction arterial bedthe expansion of which leads to edema and causes migraine.
It is worth noting that sumatriptan does not have any significant effect on blood flow in the brain while inhibiting excessive activity trigeminal receptorswhich leads to a decrease in excretion sensory neuropeptidoat. The drug quickly eliminates migraine symptoms such as seizures. nausea, as well as photophobia.
The drug can effectively suppress migraine attacks already with a single use in a dose of up to 100 mg. Sumatriptan begins to act after a maximum of half an hour from the moment of its ingestion.
Indications for use
The drug compound is recommended for use with migraine to stop acute attacks of the disease and further stabilize the condition.
The use of a medicinal compound is prohibited when:
- ophthalmoplegic, hemiplegic, as well as basilar form of migraine;
- coronary heart disease;
- myocardial infarction;
- diseases peripheral arterieswearing occlusive nature;
- renal failure;
- a stroke;
- liver failure;
- of pregnancyas well as during lactation;
- angina pectoris.
In addition, the drug is not recommended for use in the treatment of patients under 18 years of age or elderly people over 65 years of age.
During use of the drug, side effects may be expressed:
- in a sudden decline and then increase in level blood pressure;
- in development tachycardia and bradycardia;
- at heart rhythm disturbance;
- in occurrence nausea;
- in increasing activity liver transaminase;
- in development dysgraphia, as well as ischemic colitis;
- at dizzy, as well as drowsiness and weaknesses;
- at epileptic seizures;
- at diplopia and decreased visual acuity;
- in occurrence skin rashesaccompanied by itchyor anaphylactic reactions.
In some cases, sumatriptan can provoke development Raynaud's syndromeas well as symptoms myalgia.
Instructions for use Sumatriptan (Method and dosage)
In accordance with the instructions for sumatriptan, the drug is taken orally immediately after the onset of the attack migraine. If it is necessary to stop acute attacks, adult patients can take 50-100 mg. medicines, washing tablets with water.
With a second attack migraine you can take again the minimum recommended dose of Sumatriptan (50 mg.) after at least 2 hours after the first use of the drug. It is worth noting that the maximum dose of medication allowed by doctors should not be more than 300 mg / day.
In case of an overdose of the drug in patients, the adverse reactions described previously occur. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor, as well as stop using the medicine.
To avoid development serotonin syndromeraising the bioavailability of moclobemide, risk of additive hyperstimulation, as well as the development of side effects, sumatriptan should not be used in conjunction with lithium salts, moclobemide, risatriptan and St. John's wort.
Terms of sale
Need a doctor's prescription.
Sumatriptan should be stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in a place protected from light and out of the reach of children.
This medicine is not intended to prevent seizures. migraine. It is worth remembering that after taking Sumatriptan, it may develop allergic reactionin patients with hypersensitivity on sulfonamides.
Since the use of the drug may have a negative effect on cardiovascular system, the drug is not prescribed for patients from the so-called risk group (a factor in the development of coronary heart disease, men after 40 years, and also women postclimatic period) without a preliminary examination.
For the first time, other neurological diseases in patients. In addition, it is worth remembering that in patients with migraine a stroke may develop that will harm blood circulation in the brain.
During the use of this medication, extreme care should be taken in driving vehicles, as well as in any other activities that require close attention.
Analogs of SumatriptanMatches for ATX Level 4 code:ZolmitriptanRapimedImmigrantZomigRelaxpackSumamigraineAmigrenin
The main analogues of Sumatriptan include drugs such as:
- Sumatriptan teva;
It is not recommended to use the drug in the treatment of children under the age of 18 years.
In pregnancy (and lactation)
Sumatriptan is contraindicated in the period of pregnancy. It is not recommended to continue breast-feeding within 24 hours after using the drug.
Reviews of Sumatriptan
Although some patients are satisfied with the drug and leave good reviews about Sumatriptan, others as a negative factor note the presence of a rather impressive list of side effects. Therefore, many refuse effective in the fight against migraine medicine only in order to avoid the development of side ailments and diseases.
Sumatriptan price, where to buy
The price of Sumatriptan depends primarily on the region and the nominal volume. However, the average cost of a medicine (a package of 50 mg.) Does not exceed 140 rubles.
You can buy Sumatriptan Teva (50 mg.) At an average price of 110-130 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Sumatriptan Tab. n / a captive. 50mg No. 2Biochemist OAO76 rub.order
- Sumatriptan Tab. n / a captive. 100mg n2 Vertex AO 176 rub.order
- Sumatriptan Tab. p.p.o. 100mg n2 Berezovsky Farm. z-d ZAO107 rub.order
- Sumatriptan Tab. p.p.o. 50mg n2 Berezovsky Farm. z-d ZAO71 rub.order
- Sumatriptan-obl tab. PO 100mg n2AO Obolenskoe Farm. enterprise202 rub.order
- Sumatriptan-OBL (tab.pl./ab.100mg No. 2) 168 rubles to order
- Sumatriptan-OBL (tab.pl./ab.50mg No. 2) 109 rub. Order
- Sumatriptan (tablet 50mg No. 2) 118 rub.order
- Sumatriptan tablets 50mg №2115 rub.order
- Sumatriptan (tablet 100mg No. 2) 167 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Sumatriptan 50 mg No. 2 tabletsPJSC "Biochemist" 90 rub.order
- Sumatriptan-Teva 50 mg No. 2 tabletsTeva Pharmaceutical Work Private Limited140 rub.order
- Sumatriptan-Teva 100 mg No. 2 tabletsTeva Privet Pharmaceutical for 210 rub.order
- Sumatriptan-Vertex 50 mg No. 2 tablets Vertex Joint-Stock Company 130 rubles order
- Sumatriptan-Vertex 100 mg No. 2 tabletsVertex CJSC195 rub.order